Temuduga Terbuka Air Asia - AirAsia Berhad is a Malaysian low-cost airline headquartered in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia. It has been named as the world's best low-cost airline, and a pioneer of low-cost travel in Asia. AirAsia group operates scheduled domestic and international flights to 78 destinations spanning 25 countries. Its main hub is the Low-Cost Carrier Terminal (LCCT) at Kuala Lumpur International Airport (KLIA). Its affiliate airlines Thai AirAsia, Indonesia AirAsia, Philippines AirAsia, AirAsia Japan and AirAsia Zest have hubs in Don Mueang International Airport, Soekarno–Hatta International Airport, Clark International Airport, Narita International Airport, Ninoy Aquino International Airport and Mactan-Cebu International Airport respectively. AirAsia's registered office is in Petaling Jaya, Selangor while its head office is at Kuala Lumpur International Airport.
AirAsia operates with the world's lowest unit cost of USD 0.023/ASK and a passenger break-even load factor of 52%. It has hedged 100% of its fuel requirements for the next three years, achieves an aircraft turnaround time of 25 minutes, has a crew productivity level that is triple that of Malaysia Airlines, and achieves an average aircraft utilisation rate of 13 hours a day. All scheduled AirAsia departures from Kuala Lumpur use the Low cost carrier terminal. AirAsia had abolished its fuel surcharges on November 2008,but, due to rising oil prices, the fuel surcharge was re-introduced in May 2011.
AirAsia was established in 1994 and began operations on 18 November 1996. It was originally founded by a government-owned conglomerate, DRB-Hicom. On 2 December 2001 the heavily indebted airline was bought by former Time Warner executive Tony Fernandes's company Tune Air Sdn Bhd for the token sum of one ringgit (about USD 0.26 at the time) with USD 11 million (MYR 40 million) worth of debts. Fernandes turned the company around, producing a profit in 2002 and launching new routes from its hub in Kuala Lumpur, undercutting former monopoly operator Malaysia Airlines with promotional fares as low as MYR 1 (USD 0.27).
In 2003, AirAsia opened a second hub at Senai International Airport in Johor Bahru near Singapore and launched its first international flight to Bangkok. AirAsia has since started a Thai subsidiary, added Singapore itself to the destination list, and started flights to Indonesia. Flights to Macau began in June 2004, and flights to mainland China (Xiamen) and the Philippines (Manila) in April 2005. Flights to Vietnam and Cambodia followed later in 2005 and to Brunei and Myanmar in 2006, the latter by Thai AirAsia.
In August 2006, AirAsia took over Malaysia Airlines's Rural Air Service routes in Sabah and Sarawak, operating under the FlyAsianXpress brand. The routes were subsequently returned to MASwings a year later, citing commercial reasons. AirAsia's CEO Tony Fernandes subsequently unveiled a five-year plan to further enhance its presence in Asia. Under the plan, AirAsia proposes to strengthen and enhance its route network by connecting all the existing cities in the region and expanding further into Vietnam, Indonesia, Southern China (Kunming, Xiamen, Shenzhen) and India. The airline will focus on developing its hubs in Bangkok and Jakarta through its sister companies, Thai AirAsia and Indonesia AirAsia. With increase frequency and the addition of new routes, AirAsia expects passenger volume to reach 18 million by the end of 2007.
Walk In Interview at Air Asia Berhad :
Qualified Malaysian citizens invited to fill the vacancies at Air Asia Berhad as follows :
1. Cabin Crew
- To attend pre-flight briefing, during which Flight Attendant are assigned their working positions for the upcoming flight
- To carrying out pre-flight duties, including checking the safety equipment, ensuring the aircraft is clean and tidy, ensuring that information in the seat pockets is up to date and that all meals and stock are on board
- To welcome passengers on board and directing them to their seats;
- To inform passengers of the aircraft safety procedures and ensuring that all hand luggage is securely stored away;
- To check all passenger seat belts and galleys are secure prior to take-off;
- Make announcements on behalf of the pilot and answering passenger questions during the flight;
- To performs sales on meal & duty-free goods and advising passengers of any allowance restrictions in force at their destination;
- Reassuring passengers and ensuring that they follow safety procedures correctly in emergency situations;
- Ensure passengers disembark safely at the end of a flight and checking that there is no luggage left in the overhead lockers; completing paperwork, including writing a flight report
Air Asia are looking for dynamic, positive and highly motivated individuals who share our passion for the ultimate excellence in service and help contribute to our growth. So if you love travelling and dream of experiencing the world, come join our AirAsia Allstars family as a Cabin Crew and come to our Cabin Crew Walk-in interviews to be held as follows:
KOTA KINABALU-17 May 2014
AirAsia Bhd 1st Floor, Terminal 2,
Kota Kinabalu Int'l Airport,Old Airport Road,
88100 Kota Kinabalu, Sabah.
TERENGGANU-24 May 2014
Sultan Mahmud Airport
21300 Kuala Terengganu
KUALA LUMPUR- 31 May 2014
Asian Aviation Centre of Excellence S/B
Lot PT25B Jalan KLIA S5 Southern Support Zone KLIA
64000 Sepang Selangor Darul Ehsan,Malaysia
Further information and how to apply, please follow :
Wednesday, April 23, 2014